Copyright notice and license information
The data available in the List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature (henceforth abbreviated LPSN) are distributed under a modified CC BY-NC 4.0 license. The modifications are exactly the following:
1. Specification of attribution. In addition to the clauses on attribution within the CC BY-NC 4.0, the terms of usage of material obtained from LPSN include the following requirements.
1a. If you use material originating from LPSN in a publication, you must cite at least the most recent of the LPSN references given below in that publication.
1b. If you redistribute material originating from LPSN electronically, you must include a link to the specific LPSN page from which this material was obtained. For instance, if you display information from LPSN about a certain taxon name on your website, you must link from this page to the LPSN page about that taxon name.
2. Specification of commercial use. Use of material for commercial purposes that was obtained from LPSN is forbidden unless it is explicitly permitted by the maintainers of LPSN. Negotiation with the maintainers may well yield an agreement about a specified usage by a specified party.
3. Specification of access. Automated download of material from LPSN is forbidden unless it is done via the PNU API or it is done via the PNU Excel Table or it is explicitly permitted by the maintainers of LPSN. Negotiation with the maintainers may well yield an agreement about a specified usage by a specified party.
The modification of the attribution clause is necessary to support the long-term maintenance of LPSN. The modification of the clause about commercial use takes into account that certain commercial uses can be permitted. The modification of the clause about automated data access is intended to reduce the load on the LPSN page and to increase efficiency and accuracy of the data transfer.
Disclaimer of warranties
The authors do not endorse or warrant any information on this Internet site, or on any site accessible through List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature. While the authors endeavour to present accurate information, they do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any information. All information is "as is". The authors are not responsible for any errors, deficiencies or omissions.
List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature is under development, and changes may be made in the pages at any time.
Links to other Internet sites are provided as a convenience only. Providing a link does not mean that the authors endorse or approve the site or accept any responsibility for its content or use.
Disclaimer of liability
In no event will the authors be liable to any party for any special, incidental, direct, indirect, consequential, or other damages for any use of this website or any information on this website or on any other hyperlinked website, including without limitation any lost profits, lost opportunities, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise, even if he is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
Suggested citations for this site
When citing LPSN always mention the date on which you accessed the website.
- Parte, A.C., Sardà Carbasse, J., Meier-Kolthoff, J.P., Reimer, L.C. and Göker, M. List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature (LPSN) moves to the DSMZ. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, accepted for publication.
- Parte, A.C. (2018). LPSN — List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature (bacterio.net), 20 years on. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, 68, 1825-1829; doi: 10.1099/ijsem.0.002786
- Parte, A.C. (2013). LPSN — List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature. Nucleic Acids Research, 42, Issue D1, D613–D616; doi: 10.1093/nar/gkt1111
- Euzéby, J.P. (1997). List of Bacterial Names with Standing in Nomenclature: a Folder Available on the Internet. International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology, 47, 590-592; doi: 10.1099/00207713-47-2-590